Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Life As We Know It

Goodness gracious how the heck are you hive?! I know, I know I have been seriously slacking. As I sat at home sick wanting to feel better, I realized that I really needed to get back to blogging, or at least provide an update. I have a few more things to bore you with share with you. I promise I didn't forget about you lovely people. You see something happens after you get married. Life as we know it, returns to normal. Crazy I know!

As a bride we spend so much time and effort planning this wonderful and beautiful day that once it's over, you just sort of, "turn off the wedding", that is until you receive your wedding photos and you relive all those amazing emotions all over again. In the Barn household we have been so incredibly busy that we haven't had time to think about the wedding or blow up our photographer for our wedding photos. So what has been keeping us so busy?

Home renovations.....

We went from this:



To this:
(effects unknown - new phone probs)

A 12 foot addition. We have also gutted the entire house and are updating everything. 

Oh and what's that railing you see? Our newest adventure:

  


A pool!

Needless to say we have been pretty busy trying to get the new house move in ready before Mr. Farmer heads into harvest (despite the fact we live in Minnesota Mr. Farmer grew up with a pool so it was a must for the new place). For those of you unfamiliar with the "planting" season and "harvest" season, you can pretty much kiss the farmer in your life good-bye. Instead of joining you for dinner around a table, it's eaten in the combine or sitting on the tailgate of a truck. Date nights are spent enjoying the soft glow of  the tractor/combine console lights as you hold hands driving around the field. It's pretty romantic but more than anything it's crazy busy, so we have been trying to get as much done as we can before our entire community moves to the fields.

The other thing keeping me from you amazing Bees? School sports! Stepdaughter K and stepson R have started their crazy school schedules which means most of our free time is coordinating and trying to figure out what time we need to be where. I love every bit of it but it leaves very little time for blogging. I promise though I will get back to regularly scheduled postings.

It has certainly kept my mind from thinking about the wedding though and anxiously waiting for our professional photos to be ready. Married life is pretty amazing and I couldn't be happier knowing that I get to share the rest of my life with one incredible man and the two little Barns that have stolen my heart. This last month has given me time to relax and get my routine back (even if it is crazy). I went from cruising the internet ferociously looking for the best deal on chargers to actually making dinner every night. Instead of hoarding boxes and making piles of wedding decorations our house is now clutter free and I can see the dust in each corner (I went on a cleaning spree post wedding and it felt so wonderful). The wedding decor that I told myself I would sell afterwards has been moved to the garage waiting for me to go through it. 

Getting your life back to normal after you get married is anything but exciting, well maybe it's exciting but I certainly didn't think so. It's so anticlimactic, but it's still a part of the process. Although now that I have taken a break from the wedding and anything wedding related I am ready to dive head first into our recaps and detail our special day with you wonderful people! Let's get the party started shall we?

*special thank you to Mrs. Goat for the help with my recap logo

(all photos personal)

No comments:

Post a Comment