Friday, July 11, 2014

Suspended in Style

We are in the final phase of wedding planning - freak out phase! Ok, ok, I am just kidding (ok not really) but in all reality we are getting so close to the big day and the closer we get, the more excited I become. For the longest time I would tell Mr. Farmer that I just couldn't believe that I get to marry the love of my life and that it is only ______ months/weeks and now days away. It just didn't feel real yet, but now that we are in wedding month and the countdown is in the single digits I assure you, it feels real now! I am scrambling around trying to make sure we have everything together before we leave for the wedding.  

I am beyond excited to marry Mr. Farmer but until I do there are a few more things I wanted to share with you lovelies. Back when we were brain storming our menswear selections, I came up with an idea that I just omg.had.to.have. Since our guys are only wearing vests and those vests will be coming off shortly after the ceremony (because let's face it, they hardly ever keep those damned things on) I decided to have a little fun.

It all stemmed from one photo:

Maxwell Monty Photography/Hugo Boss menswear via Projectwedding

I love this photo. Not only because they are wearing Hugo Boss but I was really drawn to their suspenders. Huh?! Suspenders? Oh hells yes. It was an element that I was drawn too and I knew that once those vests get taken off after the ceremony they will be left with their tie (which most likely will be taken off too) and their suspenders. I still wanted them to look like a bridal party member and not just a guest at our wedding (not that anyone would confuse them). It was just one of my things so back off. You know, one of the things that you just omg.have.to.have. Every bride has a few of those things and these were mine, so we are having:

Bespoke Suspenders!

I presented the idea to Mr. Farmer who was totally in love with the idea. Why? Because his friends are total goofballs and it just fits their personalities and style to do something a little off the beaten path. Once all the guys found out what we were doing everyone was incredibly excited about rocking some bespoke gear. I enlisted the help of Irene from finehandmadeclothing on Etsy and well let's just say she is fabulous! I made sure to give her plenty of time and in 2 months** I had my suspenders sent to us in a nicely wrapped package:

photo personal

White for Mr. Farmer, hot pink for BM N, hot pink chevron for JBM R, black for our ring bearer, and gray for the rest of our guys.

I gave Irene free reign with the patterns and she knocked it out of the park! So fun story time. When Junior Best Man R found out that he was wearing hot pink he immediately told me, "Well if I have to wear pink, than I want a breast cancer awareness pin on my suspenders because real men who wear pink support breast cancer and so do I." I almost died of shock, - he is only 8! After I picked my jaw up off the floor I immediately obliged and got him a pin for his suspenders. JBM R is a huge sports fan (seriously he will blow you away with stats it's incredible) so I think his breast cancer support stems from the NFL and their pink sports apparel they wear during the month of October. Either way it was a great request and I couldn't be prouder!

In addition to the suspenders Mr. Farmer has decided to mix up the traditional outfit even more and has requested that his gents all wear mismatched socks. When I told MOH K about it she laughed and loved the idea. Why? Because apparently mismatched socks are a thing and "Miss. Barn how the heck do you not know this?!" Seriously K and R make me feel old sometimes, but anyways getting back to the point. Socks. Mismatched. We are doing it.

photo personal

I found a pack of 12 on Amazon here and since the price couldn't be beat, I snatched them up right away. Mr. Farmer has such a fun personality and all of his friends do too, so this is just a small way to bring their shenanigans to the wedding, in an appropriate way. I giggled when I received the package (because I still giggle, sorry not sorry) but I think our guys will be able to rock some fun socks and suspenders with big smiles. Everyone seems pretty excited about it and there have already been fights over who gets which socks.

photo personal

Taking something as simple as a rented suit and making it your own was important to not only Mr. Farmer but me as well. I wanted Mr. Farmer's personality to shine through, despite the fact he will be wearing something many people before him have worn. I am wearing a beautiful dress with all my lovely accessories, why not make sure he has elements he is just as in love with?

We are slowly wrapping things up and getting stuff ready for the wedding. Oh who am I kidding, we are running around frantically trying to remember all of the stuff we have to pack and get ready. I am slowly freaking out more and more every day we get closer and our poor house is a maze of shipping boxes with even more to come. At least our wardrobe is all ready, and for that I can be grateful!

What aspects of your attire were your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment