Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Wedding Bales: Getting Pretty

I am not a morning person whatsoever, so let's just get that out of the way. However, that being said, I was incredibly impressed that the morning of the wedding, I beat my alarm! Waking up I knew it was going to be a great day. I spent the morning checking emails and packing up my things as I wouldn't be coming back to that room. After a quick shower I met MOH Fluff in the lobby for coffee. 

Yours truly and Fluff - cheesing it up for the camera

Three years ago when she got married, we went for coffee right away in the morning together and we thought it would only be appropriate to do it for my wedding, so it was the first thing on our agenda. 

Had to get my "Bride" coffee

It really was a great chance to get to spend a little alone time with her as well and just chit chat about how pumped up I was, and to share in the excitement of the day together. If you can schedule something like that into your day, I would really recommend it. We got back to the hotel just in time to meet up with stepdaughter K and load Fluff's SUV with all the things we would need. The venue was within walking distance, but we had so much to haul that we would have needed quite a few trips, so we drove. Before we left the parking lot we met best man N outside, who pulled me aside to give me a quick pep talk and to remind me, "you are the bride, don't worry about anything today. It's your day." It's small moments like that when I think back to our wedding day that make me smile and eternally grateful for our wonderful bridal party and friends. 

Our photographer, Kyle, with Kyle Zemple Photography, was not scheduled to arrive for a few hours yet so the beginning of the morning was full of personal photos of us goofing around. We had two stylists from In-Style Salon come to The Florian Gardens and when we arrived they were just setting up. The Florian Gardens doesn't open until 10 am however we were able to arrange a 9 am opening for our group. You don't get what you don't ask for so if you need some additional time, ask for it. 

I knew that my look was going to obviously take the longest to accomplish so I parked it in a chair and started hamming it up for the camera. 

I had arranged for champagne and orange juice for the morning so we spent the morning listening to music and sipping champs, just being girls.

There were nails being done:


Some final stitching for a very personal gift to my stepchildren.

And a lot of pictures of people's feet? Yes, when I started going through some of our pictures on our Wedit cameras I realized there were a lot of feet photos, I guess someone wanted to showcase shoes?!

And for those wondering yes I did wear different shoes during the morning. I started with a pair of black sandals, then switched to my Kate Spade slippers, then moved into a pair of blingy sandals. 

All photos above personal

I was basically done with my hair when Kyle from Kyle Zempel Photography showed up and starting taking photos. It was at about this time that it started to sink in with me what was about to happen. I was excited and giddy and couldn't wait to see everyone all done up.

All photos below courtesy of Kyle Zempel Photography

I am such a sucker for black and whites and am so glad that Kyle was able to capture most of my morning with black and white photos. I think they are so special and something that I specifically asked for. Make sure your photographer is aware of any special requests you may have. 

I knew that because of our first look coming up that I would need to get ready as quickly as possible. I was done before everyone was finished and it was awesome getting to see everyone's transformation. It still took a few hours to finish my final look and I was so happy to be able to get up and walk around.

Up next, the boys - they have it so easy!!

Missed a recap? Catch up here:

No comments:

Post a Comment