Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Wedding Bales: Strike A Pose: Getting Cozy

Please tell me you all saw that and immediately thought Madonna?  Ok, ok I know ridiculous. Moving along. After Mr. Farmer and I finally saw each other for the first time we got all smoochy, cozy and snapped some photos together. One of the main reasons for our first look was so that we could get photos taken, without having to eat into our cocktail hour.

OK so I am going to get real with you all. There are a few things that I regret about our wedding and a lot of it is my fault. First things first. Let's address one of my biggest regrets - those damned heinous tan lines! All summer long I wore a strapless bikini and a strapless sun dress so that I wouldn't get any tan lines. Any time K or R had a softball/baseball game I sat in the shade and wore sunscreen like crazy. I was doing really, really well until the weekend before the wedding. K had a softball tournament and sadly there was no shade for me to retreat to. The sun was glaring hot and I got sun burnt, really badly. Had I thought ahead I would have worn a strapless top but I didn't realize there was no shade. I attempted to fix it by sitting outside wearing a strapless dress however it was too late. I tried some self tanner in hopes that would even it out and it helped a little bit, but still not enough that you can't see them. I cringe looking at my wedding photos.

The second regret? My dress. I loved my dress dearly, however there are a few things that I would have changed. I have severe back problems from a growth spurt gone wrong, and as a result I have an uneven rib cage. I knew that a corset back dress was the only way it was going to stay secure without "slipping" down my torso. Looking at all my photos I realized that it fell a lot further than I even thought about. The solution? Straps. I should have had a small strap sewn into my dress to prevent the "slippage". I agreed that I didn't need any additional length added to my dress because when I tried it on in the store, it felt plenty long enough and everyone said I shouldn't need it - I should have known better. I have always ordered the longer length in any other dress that I special ordered. Had I gotten it in the longer length I would have been able to adjust my dress without having it look too short.

I absolutely love our photos, however when I look at myself in these photos I get a bit sad - Mr. Farmer too. There are so many things I should have done differently and Mr. Farmer agrees. He too wishes we would have picked a different attire choice. His Hugo suit we got for the rehearsal dinner looked much better on him than the rented tux and we should have known better. A lot of the decisions we made were made with the thought "oh it's good enough". Well, I can tell you sometimes it's not just good enough.

Looking back there are a lot of mistakes I made. Hindsight is always 20/20 but it still makes me sad. Thankfully a few things can be fixed with Photoshop, and some creative photo editing, but it still doesn't take away from the feelings I have looking back.

Ok so with that huge disclaimer out of the way, let's look at some photos huh?







Mr. Farmer was intently listening to me blab on and on about how excited I was to finally see him and get married. I believed there was even a squeal!








I love this photo of Mr. Farmer. So many times photographers get photos of the groom kissing the bride and I love that I have one the other way around. This is actually Mr. Farmer's caller ID photo because I love it so much. 







Mr. Farmer and I have a photo like this that we took in Cozumel, so we wanted to recreate one of our favorite photos at our wedding. I couldn't decide which one I loved more, so you get both. 




This could possibly be my favorite wedding portrait that we have. This was actually taken after the ceremony mid-way through dinner and I think you can see how relaxed we are in this photo. I love it. Despite being so much taller than Mr. Farmer, when it came time to take our photos, I wasn't nearly as self conscience as I thought I would be. I know this photo accentuates how much taller than Mr. Farmer I am but I still love it. 


Ok I am sure you are sick of starring at photos of Mr. Farmer and me, but no recap would be complete without them. Mr. Farmer didn't want to spend a lot of time in front of the camera lens so we kept our portraits to a minimum and I was A-OK with that. I wanted to spend the time talking to our friends and family and I think we captured plenty of photos that we can display in our home, after a little photo editing.

Did you have any unexpected favorite pictures? When did you take your photos - before or after the ceremony? Did anyone else struggle with a bit of regret?

Missed a recap? Catch up here:

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete