Saturday, January 11, 2014

Party Shoes

I just posted about the fabulous shoes I got for my BM's so I figured it would be a great time to let you in on another fun aspect of our wedding. EVERY single wedding I have ever been to there has been dancing. If that isn't your thing, great rock on but for my family it's a must. I mean hardcore dancing. With that always comes the barefoot shuffle. What is the barefoot shuffle?

Let me enlighten you. It's when a woman/girl starts to dancing so hardcore she kicks off her heels, goes in her bare feet and hits up the dance floor. The barefoot shuffle. I know I did it as a kid at a few of my cousin's weddings. I actually know an aunt or few to ruin a pair of pantyhose(do women still wear them?).

 I'm looking at you Auntie M!!

Credit, edited by yours truly

So for our wedding I wanted to make sure to accommodate for the barefoot shuffle.

Enter Dancing Shoes!!

I knew I HAD to have these at our wedding. Way back when, 2 weeks before the proposal, I stumbled upon another feature to the fabulous Weddingbee, the classifieds!! I am always on the lookout for a good deal. I hardly ever buy anything that isn't on sale. C and I had discussed that we wanted to be as crafty as possible during our wedding planning and that meant purchasing leftover wedding décor or slightly used.

So I found an ad listed on Weddingbee for 60 pair of new assorted hot pink women's flip flops. umm, YES! Oh HECK, YES! And of course the price was right. I paid $55 including the shipping of a giant box. So I had my flip flops but the packaging they came in wasn't the prettiest. I used some card stock and printed off a bunch of sizes to put with each pair. I wanted the sizes to be easy to see in a dimly lit room.

I used the combined efforts of Miss. Kayli and one of her friends. It was a perfect bonding opportunity between my step-daughter and myself as we don't get many of those chances.

Sadly I started this project before I started blogging so I don't have many pictures although here is what the finished product looks like:

(pictures personal)



 All in all I would say this was an incredibly successful project however I have a dilemma I am turning to you guys for.

What do I put them in!? I need some cool ideas. They take up quite a bit of space. I don't think we are going to go through all 50 pairs but I would love to hear what you have to say.
Ok give me your ideas, ready get GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment