Friday, November 22, 2013

Lights, Camera, Action

Mr. Farmer and I are very lucky that we know so many talented people in our lives. Because of this it was an easy decision to have friendors help in our wedding. For those of you who are not familiar with the term a friendor is just as it sounds, a friend who is a vendor.

I graduated high school with an incredible photographer who I knew was starting off his photography business. Thankfully, I secured his talents before he took off and his schedule started to fill up. Score for me! Who is this amazing photographer?! Check him out:

 He does some of the most amazing work I have seen in quite a while. His outdoor shots are seriously breathtaking!! Like deserve to be in a showroom amazing. A well known fact about me is that I used to be a model and Mr. Farmer still books shoots, so needless to say we know a good photographer when we see one and who would be a good fit for us. As an added bonus Kyle comes with a photo booth!
 
 Besides any guy who has this little cutie?

How can you say no! (I have a deep love for dogs, and his Flussa is ADORBS!)
Photo: Kyle Zempel
 
I e-mailed him immediately and he agreed to be our photographer for the day. His style is very much journalistic and that was the type of photography Mr. Farmer and I were looking for on our big day. We didn't want to be overly posed nor did we want any photos that were overly processed in post-production. We wanted someone who would be able to capture the emotion of the day as it was happening and Kyle was the best fit. I encourage you to check out his website, I am telling you AH-MAZ-ING!

Since Kyle is a one-man team my godmother, who is amazing in her own right, has also agreed to bring along her camera and assist in taking some shots for us so that nothing goes undocumented. At the end of the day after all the decorations, glitter, panic attacks and wedded craziness all you have left are the images and memories of the best day of your life. Since it goes by so fast I want to have as many pictures as possible to look back upon and reminisce with my new husband. (Plus I have a horrible memory)

Our next friendor was a no-brainer for us. I have a VERY dear friend Greg who runs his own entertainment company (Mr. Farmer and I actually helped plan his proposal to his lovely fiancé who will actually be standing up in our wedding!)

Ladies/Gents NIHL Entertainment:
NIHL Entertainment
Brian VanDellen Photography via Jack3d via Facebook
 
 I knew that I wanted to use his company but I also wanted to make sure he was up for the challenge. I didn't know if he would want to attend as a guest or be willing to work our wedding. Since his lovely fiancé was part of the bridal party I worried it was too much to ask of him. However Greg obviously loves what he does and wouldn't allow me to use anyone else. His exact words were, "How can I let you use some punk DJ you don't even know, not on the most important day of your life!"

I am also extra excited because not only does he have amazing sound but he has more lights than anyone I know. Up-lighting is like the thing to do now-a-days so of course I just HAD TO HAVE IT and thankfully Greg includes that as part of his entertainment package.

Photo via Bhangrajunction - Beautiful No?!

It's just so danged pretty. SWOON! Mr. Farmer and I are very lucky to have such wonderful people in our lives who are willing to lend a hand and are so good at what they do. It worked out well for everyone, we saved a little cash and our friends able to generate the business and publicity they so deserve.

Did anyone else have any friendors at their wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment