Sunday, November 24, 2013

The Quest for the Dress Begins

One of the very exciting parts of getting engaged and married is wearing "the dress". It is typically the first things brides think about and typically one of the first things people ask about, "Oh did you get your dress?", "What are you wearing?", "I can't wait to see the dress!" I'll be perfectly honest with you, I was NOT super excited about going dress shopping.

SHOCKER, I know!!

For whatever reason I kind of just forgot about it. I was so busy enjoying being engaged and securing all of our major vendors that it was Mr. Farmer who urged me to go dress shopping. It was a pretty interesting conversation.

Mr. Farmer: Hey babe, don't you think you should start dress shopping?
Me: Oh yeah I suppose I better get on that huh?
Mr. Farmer: Umm ya think?!

I seriously love this man. So after a little urging from Mr. Farmer I started looking online at dresses. I hadn't the slightest clue what I wanted or what I was looking for. Between magazines and the good 'ol internet I found a bunch of beautiful gowns but none that made my heart sing with glee, that is until I came across this beauty...........


This was the most stunning dress I had ever laid eyes on. I don't know why I even wasted another 2 weeks looking online and in magazines because this was the only dress I loved.

Oh yeah, because it was way out of my price range. Like triple what I wanted to spend!  I love everything about this dress though and Mr. Farmer told me that if I had to have this dress that he would make it happen. So I looked up the bridal shops that carried this dress and there was 1 place in the entire state of Minnesota. Crap! I decided to check South Dakota as I am right near the border. EUREEKA! I found a shop that had this beauty and not so quickly scheduled an appointment. Why did I drag my feet?
Two reasons. First I was sad that I wouldn't be able to take my first dress shopping trip with my mom. Since I wasn't going to be able to take my mom with me for my trip I decided that I wanted my new family to come with me. Problem solved. Second reason, I wanted a very special little girl to be able to come.

Who is this special little girl you ask? That would be my beautiful, intelligent and amazing step-daughter K. 
Gorgeous I am telling you! (photo personal)

I don't get to see K very often (sad bride) as she is a very busy 11 year old (seriously this girl tires me out just listening to her schedule), we needed to arrange a time that fit her schedule and everyone else's. In order to do that we needed to go out a few weeks, 3 to be exact.

So needless to say, it was a very eager 3 weeks for us because we were super excited to go. Every other day Mr. Farmer would ask me, "So are you getting excited to go dress shopping?"  to which I would reply "Of course I am!"

Did anyone else struggle to get their butt in gear with dress shopping?
 

1 comment:

  1. That dress is gorgeous! I have a similar story to you in that I knew exactly which dress I wanted before going shopping - and luckily, it was perfect! Thankfully it was also in my budget, so I only had to endure one shopping trip! Fingers crossed, and don't be afraid to try on a few others while you're there! Might as well get the full bridal experience :)

    ReplyDelete