Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Qwest for the Dress....Part Two

Before I get into the goodness of this post, I love you very dearly Mr. Farmer but you shall NOT PASS GO, DO NOT COLLECT $200!  LOOK AWAY! SKIP THIS POST, FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO LOOK AT!
Finally after 3 weeks of agonizing waiting (ok it really wasn't that bad) I got to have a girl's day with my mother in law, sister in law, niece to be, bestie and step daughter. We started right away in the morning, thankfully we had a coffee stop because I might of died without some caffeine. Hi I'm Miss. Barn and I have a serious caffeine addiction.
I wanted to get to our first stop right when they opened so it wouldn't be quite as crowded and we would be able to get better service. Which I would recommend to any bride out there. If you can get an early appointment, do it. I shouldn't of been worried though because when we arrived at The Bridal Gallery in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, our consultant Katie was amazing. Since I had called ahead they had already pulled the Martina Liana dress and it was already waiting for me.

Here she is again in all her stunning beauty: 
 Oh what a pretty dress.

To keep things interesting I told each girl that they got to pick out 1 dress each and that I would try it on, no questions asked. So while everyone went to go find a dress I had a chance to speak to Katie one on one and she asked me questions on what I liked and didn't like. Since this was my first shopping trip I hadn't tried on much so I was a little worried I wouldn't find anything I liked. Well I had the exact opposite problem. I loved everything!

I knew that I needed to try on the Martina first to see what it looked like on my body. Often times something looks completely different on the hanger than it does on your body. Same goes for the picture. Some times it looks great in the picture but awful when you put it on. Thankfully I didn't have that problem. 
 
 (awful photo personal)

We took off the blush belt and added a floral one because I am getting married in a garden peeps, it's just too perfect and because the consultants were having fun "jacking me up". I loved this dress. I felt beautiful in it but it didn't have quite the sparkle I was hoping for. In my picture you can hardly tell there is any sparkle to it. I promise there was though. This was my dream dress but I needed to be sure so I tried some other options to compare. 

I tried on the dresses that both Katie and my girls picked. There were a lot that I liked but then I got to my 4 year flower girl's choice. Which I will have you know she picked out all on her own (Did you picture a little blondie with her hands on her hips, stomping her foot? Good, you should have). I kind of giggled when I saw it because it had little flower appliques on it. Of course she picked this one. I am getting married in a garden how cliché right, but I gave it a whirl.

Mori Lee 1953 via Mori Lee

I put this dress on and was pretty amazed. I actually liked this dress and so did everyone else. WWHHHAA?? How could my 4 year old soon to be niece pick out such a beauty? Trust me we were just as shocked. I enjoyed trying on a few other dresses and decided it was time to head to lunch as I was exhausted. Dress shopping, serious business folks. 

After lunch we got to the second store, The French Door and they were very welcoming. I was seated with my consultant right away and filled out some paperwork asking what styles I liked and my budget. I don't remember my consultants name, nor do I care to. After we had been checked in their attitude seemed to change and they were a little put off by the fact that I wanted my girls to pick the choices, not my consultant. They had no problem letting us know their dissatisfaction with my choice. I tried on the Mori Lee gown again as they had it in stock and why not I liked it. I tried on a few other gowns but none that made my heart sing like the Mori Lee and that Martina.

Well, there happened to be a dress that was on a mannequin right next to the mirrors that I was looking at myself in. K my lovely step daughter pointed to that one and said I want to see you put THAT one on. I agreed and I put it on, I am not going to tell my step daughter no. Now folks, I had said that I never wanted to wear something poofy, and Mr. Farmer told me he didn't want me in anything poofy either. But I loved this dress. I give you:

 Maggie Sottero's Esme (photo personal - we had to sneak this photo as they didn't allow pictures so I apologize that it's such an awful photo)

After we tried this dress on I was exhausted and I knew it was time to call it a day. I loved this beauty, and the more I look at it the more I love it. However I had to get K home and my head was spinning with beautiful dresses. I narrowed down my search to 3 I was in love with.

The Martina Liana, the Mori Lee and the Maggie Sottero.

Did anyone else have the problem that I did where you loved everything you put on?

No comments:

Post a Comment