Sunday, November 10, 2013

Will You Marry Me?

In reality I knew what was going to happen September 6, 2013 . Even though I knew it was coming, I had NO idea how or where he was going to pop the question and wow did he surprise me.

I came home after work to find that there was a path leading to the kitchen table where I found this note:



"Miss. Barn - Can you believe that 5 months ago we became a couple. That moment you became my girl friend changed my life. You are my dream girl the one I have been waiting for my whole life. I love you with my whole heart, to the moon + 2. Now take the 4-wheeler and drive to the place I took you 2 weeks ago, heres a hint it's down the water way. Don't worry there are markers along the way so you don't get lost. When you get to the end you will get a prize and another letter. Make sure you drive to the end and make sure you give yourself enough room to turn around. P.S. Leave the 4-wheeler running. Love Mr. Farmer"

I took the 4-wheeler to the end of our property just as he said to do and when I got to the end I found this:





"You made it, I hope you know how much I do love you and as it says I Love You More, now drive to another spot we stopped at that day, it was where I said I wanted to put the deer cam. P.S. Leave the 4-wheeler running"

I drove the 4-Wheeler to the other end of our property. It also had balloons and ribbon along the way. Although I distinctly remember that they were NOT there when I pulled into the driveway, when I got home from work, so it was certainly making me extra excited. I got to the spot he mentioned and found this:



"As I have said, I will take care of your heart cause I have the key, now go back into the house and you will have one more note so you can come get the key, but you must put on your heart necklace 1st. P.S. Turn the 4-Wheeler off when you park it by the house." **

By now my heart was beating like crazy. I was so incredibly excited but it was also an odd feeling knowing that he was watching me complete these tasks. I parked the 4-Wheeler and headed inside to find this on the kitchen table:






The letter and the small card:

"By now I'm sure you know what is going on. I love you with my whole heart, now come out to the shop"....."Today marks the start of forever, I love you"

I took a deep breath and I walked into the shop. There were pictures of Mr. Farmer and me everywhere. There was a path of flower petals leading to him standing under a canopy of streamers in a suit! There was a table next to him with a beautiful framed picture of us and a bottle of champagne. 


He proceeded to tell me that he had waited 37 years to find the love of his life and he didn't want to wait any longer to spend his life with me. He got down on one knee and asked me "Miss. Barn**, will you marry me?" I obviously said yes and leapt into his arms for lots of kisses and hugs. We left for a dinner reservation and came home to find that Mr. Farmer arranged a surprise engagement party.



It was truly one of the best days of my life.
I can't wait to marry this man.

 How did you get engaged?

**There was a heart necklace hanging from the post - not pictured
** He was so nervous when he said my full name that he got tongue tied and mispronounced my name

No comments:

Post a Comment